Approaching Children’s Tone (ACT)
|View Website →||14/03/2024 09:00 - 15/03/2024 15:30 - Virtual Event|
ACT is a 2-day course which has been developed by a team of Consultant Paediatric Neurologists, Physiotherapists and Consultant Paediatricians which aims to improve the future outcomes for children with abnormal muscle tone.
Children with abnormal muscle tone deserve prompt recognition and timely access to appropriate investigation and treatment, particularly with the availability of new therapies for neuromuscular conditions and cerebral palsy.
The aim of the course is to improve recognition of initial symptoms of abnormal (high or low) tone and speed-up referral to appropriate specialists. In turn, the course aims to reduce the time to diagnosis and quicken provision of suitable treatment and/or therapy and improve the experience of the child/young person and family. Overall the course aims to improve the future outcomes for children with abnormal tone. We present a structured approach to investigation and management.
The course is aimed at:
- Consultant and trainee Paediatricians
- Consultant and trainees in Neurodisability
- Consultants and trainees in Community Paediatrics
- Therapists involved in the management of children with both low and high tone problems.
Comments from ACT attendees:
- One of the best courses I’ve ever done! Excellent speakers and superb time keeping.
- Thank you for an excellent course which I know has been many years in the making. I have been looking forward to this for over a year and it has exceeded my expectations.
- Very interactive. Well delivered.
- Great – will definitely recommend to other community paediatricians and trainees.
- Thank you so much for a very informative course, delivered in an interactive format, by extremely knowledgeable experts in the fields, with lots of learning points pertinent to clinical practice across all professional groups – very difficulty to cater, but very successful.
- Good balance of lectures and workshops and good course material.
- Being able to gain an understanding of different conditions and how they are medically managed is great. This can further my practice and having an awareness of ‘red flags’ to look out for and whether it is appropriate to liaise with Consultant Paediatricians.
CPD Points: 12