Clinical oncology academic day
|View Website →||5 December 11:00 - 18:15 - In Person Event|
|RCR CPD Approved|
CPD credits: 4
The Clinical Oncology Academic Day is an essential event for those interested in research. This is a fantastic opportunity for trainees to learn about the opportunities in clinical trials. Experienced clinical trialists including clinicians, statisticians and methodologists and patient representatives will share their expertise. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet with the faculty and discuss their ideas and learn from those who have pursued academic careers as clinical oncologists.
The sessions will cover the UK Clinical trials landscape, getting started and integrating clinical trials into your current training. This event will consist of lectures interspersed with networking opportunities alongside other attendees and experts in the field.
1. Learn about the UK Clinical Trials landscape in Oncology
2. Understand the pathway from bench to bedside
3. Network with experienced clinical academics and like-minded colleagues within Clinical Oncology
The UK clinical trials landscape: How can it work for you?
- The accidental academic
- NHSE, NIHR, NRCI CTRad, CRUK RADNET and RCR debunked
- What does it all mean for radiotherapy?
- What does it mean for you: Associate PI experience
I have an idea: Where do I start?
- The role of the CTU
- What about the patients – what is real PPI?
- RTTQA and the road map
Where does this all fit into my training?
- Is an academic path for you?
- Is an academic path necessary?
- NCRI Early Career Research Forum
- Bench to seaside: Can it really happen?
Networking reception and wrap up
Led by: Professor Ananya Choudhury, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust