Management skills for radiologists: Blended learning course
|View Website →||16 November 09:00 - 30 November 13:00 - In Person|Virtual Event|
|RCR CPD Approved|
This course will comprise of three modules, delivered across three weeks:
Module 1: Thursday 16 November, 09:00-13:00, online, live and on demand
Module 2: Thursday 23 November, recordings will be released and accessed through the RCR e-learning hub
Module 3: Thursday 30 November, full day event held in the College building, no online attendance.
For existing and aspiring clinical leaders and directors in radiology. The course has been designed to provide essential management tools to run an efficient and effective department.
The course will include:
- An update on the current thinking in radiology management including a GIRFT and RCR updates (incorporating the recent RCR census)
- Pre-recorded lectures will focus on the business as usual aspects of managing a busy radiology service, including job planning and business case writing
- An update on appraisal and revalidation, with a focus on supporting doctors in difficulty
- A full day, in person module delivering workshop based sessions with real case studies to highlight some novel ways of structuring healthcare systems driving innovation and efficiency with increased safety and better outcomes for patients.
- Effectiveness and efficiency in a radiology department
- Affecting and sustaining transformation
- Update on GIRFT and RCR
- The ‘nuts and bolts’ of being a Clinical Director – including job planning and business case writing.
- Update on networks and Community Diagnostic Hubs
- Strategic thinking to make change happen
- Update on appraisal and revalidation
We will be providing delegates with the opportunity to interact online before and during the course. Ice breaker exercises and pre-module reading will all be part of the course and will contribute to the CPD credits. Delegates must participate in all parts of the course in order to receive the full CPD credit allocation.
CPD credits: 11