- This event has passed.
Optimising health across the life course – RCPE in association with SPS and RCPCH
|View Website →||19 January 9:00 am - 4:30 pm - In Person|Virtual Event|
This joint symposium is sponsored by the RCPE in association with SPS and RCPCH, to celebrate the Centenary of the Scottish Paediatric Society.
The aim is to bring together colleagues from many areas of health practice to consider ways in which changes and improvements to approaches to children and young peoples’ health might improve the long term life expectancy, and quality of life of adults of the future.
- Evidence on what influences health in childhood will be presented, and how small investments in childhood make real changes to adult health
- Specific diseases where evidence for improvement already exists will be discussed, for example, obesity, cardiovascular disease, respiratory and gastro-intestinal and cancer risks
- The significant importance of mental health and resilience
- The contribution of social prescribing.
- Emerging new concerns in relation to children and young people’s long term health, eg online screen time, vaping, pollution and climate change will be explored.