|View Website →||24/04/2024 09:00 - 25/04/2024 17:00 - In Person Event|
The BPNA is currently developing a Paediatric Epilepsy Training (PET4ward) course. This will be a bespoke 2-day face-to-face course. A team of 10 (including consultant paediatric neurologists, consultant paediatricians, consultant in paediatric Neurodisability, clinical psychiatrist, epilepsy specialist nurse) will be developing this course.
The PET123 courses have now been running since 2005 and has been established worldwide. The PET courses aim to improve the diagnosis of epileptic and non-epileptic events; improve the standard of care; and raise awareness of when to liaise with a Paediatric Neurologist, a children’s epilepsy expert. The PET4ward course will be a bespoke course, which will follow on from PET123, for those wishing to keep up to date with new and breaking topics within paediatric epilepsy. This course will be clinically based, patient centred and will allow for peer review and discussion, with assurance that you are adhering to safe practices and kept up to date. It will be recommended to attend the course at least once every 5 years. Anyone wishing to attend this course must have attended the PET123 courses.
- Recent advances
- Recent guidelines and reports
- MBRACE and MHRA drugs in pregnancy and mortality (managing risks)
- Learning from experience
- Patient stories (living with epilepsy)
- Socio-economic vista
- Controversies and trials relevant to clinical practice
- Myths and monsters
Aimed at all those which have undertaken the PET1, PET2 and PET3 courses:
- Consultant paediatricians and community paediatricians, especially those with particular expertise or responsibility for children with epilepsy
- Clinical neurophysiologists and physiologists
- Epilepsy nurse specialists
- Trainees in paediatrics, paediatric neurology and neurodisability
CPD Points: 12. You will be able to download a pdf of your CPD certificate following attendance at the course.
Cost: GBP 420.00